Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Prepositions +

Well, I finished reading Bottom: On Shakespeare, and I began my Advent reading of "A" 1 - 23.  I've read a section a day for the first four days of December, and I began rereading Zukfosky's Prepositions +: The Collected Critical Essays.  I just finished the essay on Wallace Stevens.  I few years ago on Christmas or a day or two afterwards I had a dream about reading Wallace Stevens.  That led me to reread Zukofsky's essay on Stevens.  I had just received a Barnes and Noble giftcard from kind hearted family members, so I used it to purchase Stevens' Collected Poems.  I've since finished that book, and I found it interesting to reread Zukofsky's essay again today.

I just started the essay on William Carlos Williams.  I recently reread Williams' Paterson, and I've made it up to 1940 in Williams' Collected Poems.  

"I have nothing to say and I am saying it." - John Cage

No comments:

Post a Comment