Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Error on Page - I just finished Upper Limit Music: The Writing of Louis Zukofsky and I wanted to write about it, but this computer will only let me write in the title field. Charles Olson wrote about composition by field, and the term "open field" showed up in at least one of the essay in the book on Zukofsky I just read. I enjoyed the book, but I didn't get a sense of mastery of Zukofsky's thought and/or writings from any of the contributors. I think I like the writings on Zukofsky by Guy Davenport, Robert Creeley and Hugh Kenner best, and none of them appeared in that collections, except where quoted by other authors. Actually, I don't think any of them quoted Creeley. I would like to read Robert Duncan's essay or essays on Mr. Z. Next I plan to reread Zukofsky's Collected Shorter Poetry, but first I plan to read How to Read a Latin Poem If You Can't Read Latin Yet and Selected Poems by Frank O'Hara. See you next Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment