Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Catullus 17

Well, I couldn't find a German translation of Catullus 17 online.  I read the Zukofskys' English version twice, read another English version and read the Latin original for the music.  My Latin does not yet seem up for the task of understanding Catullus.

Just a few days until Advent.  I look forward to rereading "A".

I looked over the preview to Robert Anton Wilson's unwritten The Tale of the Tribe at the end of his TSOG: The Thing That Ate the Constitution the other day because I wanted to see what Bob said about Bucky Fuller there.  A friend of mine had posted some stuff about Bucky on Facebook recently.  I had forgotten that Bob mentioned Louis Zukofsky in that preview, as one of the poets who continued the tradition of Ezra Pound, along with Basil Bunting, Allen Ginsberg, and Charles Olson.

I just noticed that the Zukofsky edition of Catullus jumps from 17 to 21.   (Other editions do as well.) I hope to post on Catullus 21 next week, but with Thanksgiving, I don't know if I'll get the chance.

Live long and prosper.

No comments:

Post a Comment