Monday, October 12, 2015

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Hello. I hope all goes well. I plan to reread "A" again this December, and I invite you to join me. Last December I enjoyed my annual reading of the poem, but I felt like I would have gotten more out of it if I had read more supplemental material on it and Zukofsky, so I had planned to do that this December. I may do that, but I have other reading plans this year (like finishing rereading Proust). We will see. In any event, I look forward to reading some Zukofsky after a dry spell. I just finished reading William Carlos Williams' Collected Poems this weekend. I also will teach Pound's anthology Confucius to Cummings at the end of this semester, so I look forward to some Zukofsky/Proust/Pound/Williams synergy to go along with the new Star Wars film.

No comments:

Post a Comment