Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Bottoms Up

Well, I've almost finished rereading Bottom: On Shakespeare.  I think I understand it a little better than I did the last time I read it.  I've read a lot more Shakespeare since then.  Of course, reading this book makes me want to reread all of Shakespeare.  I wonder if anyone has ever performed Celia Zukofsky's Pericles.  If find it interesting that both Bottom: On Shakespeare and "A" conclude with massive constructions by Celia.  Of course, the Zukofsky's marriage and their family unit with their son Paul seems central to Zukofsky's writing.  I particularly love the dialogue between father and son about all of Shakespeare's works which appears in the center of Bottom.

I look forward to reading "A" 1 on December 1.  Man, Mr. Zukofsky sure knows a lot of languages.  Reading him makes me want to work on my Latin, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment