Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Leeway

Well, I finally listened to "A" 24 all the way through - http://media.sas.upenn.edu/pennsound/authors/Zukofsky/Zukofsky-Louis_A-24_UC-Davis_11-16-78.mp3 .  I've read "A" 1 - 23 three times, but I've only made it through 24 once so far.  I found it interesting, but I don't claim to understand it.

I thought of checking out Pound/Zukofsky from the Riverside Library, but they no longer have it.  Did someone steal it?  Did it get damaged from overreading by the many Zukofsky fans in Riverside?  Did they simply get rid of it?

I've reread a chunk of Bottom: On Shakespeare.  Once again, I enjoy it but I can't make it cohere.  I get lost in all the quotes from philosophers like Aristotle and Spinoza.  (Nov. 24 marks Spinoza's birthday.)  I do look forward to beginning "A" on Dec. 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment